Running progress so far…
- The Blackmores Sydney Running Festival is the sole remaining participant legacy of the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games. It started in 2001 when the NSW Government approved the continuation of a marathon in Sydney to promote fitness and health for the NSW community and to position Sydney as an international tourist destination.
- The Blackmores Sydney Running Festival is run on one of the most spectacular courses in the world, taking in all of the Sydney iconic landmarks and providing all runners with a unique opportunity of crossing the Sydney Harbour Bridge traffic free.
- An amazing achievement is that the Blackmores Sydney Running Festival is the only Australian running event that is broadcast live.
- Just 18 years old, the event now boasts over 33,000 participants from over 66 countries each year.
- The event is also a hugely successful fundraising activity supporting a number of local and national based charities. In 2017, the event helped to raise over $1,750,000 for charitable organisations. The total funds raised since inception is over $18,650,000.
To find out more about Michael McLeod, click here