I have set myself the challenge of running the Blackmore’s 10km Bridge run in September. Those that know me (and my adversity to exercise!) will appreciate the mountain I’ll have to climb to finish this run! I have already started my training and I’m pleased with how it is going so far.
The run starts at Bradfield Park, Milsons Point travelling over the main deck of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and finishing at the Sydney Opera House.
My team are joining me on the run and have set up a team called “Message Stick” on the Blackmore’s website. If you would like to join us, then feel free to select “Join Team” when you signup and search for “Message Stick” (password michaelmcleod)
Hope you are able to join me!
BLACKMORES 10km BRIDGE RUN
- DATE: Sunday 15th September 2019
- TIME: 8:00am (Bridge Run Start)
- COST: $55 (current early bird rate)
- SIGNUP: https://pt3-register.tiktok.events/19SRF
- JOIN US: Search for Message Stick and join our team during your signup.
- GROUP: Run Group C
Running progress so far…
- The Blackmores Sydney Running Festival is the sole remaining participant legacy of the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games. It started in 2001 when the NSW Government approved the continuation of a marathon in Sydney to promote fitness and health for the NSW community and to position Sydney as an international tourist destination.
- The Blackmores Sydney Running Festival is run on one of the most spectacular courses in the world, taking in all of the Sydney iconic landmarks and providing all runners with a unique opportunity of crossing the Sydney Harbour Bridge traffic free.
- An amazing achievement is that the Blackmores Sydney Running Festival is the only Australian running event that is broadcast live.
- Just 18 years old, the event now boasts over 33,000 participants from over 66 countries each year.
- The event is also a hugely successful fundraising activity supporting a number of local and national based charities. In 2017, the event helped to raise over $1,750,000 for charitable organisations. The total funds raised since inception is over $18,650,000.
To find out more about Michael McLeod, click here